April 23, 1915
The fountain which was donated to the city by Smaltz Brothers last fall is being erected on the corner near Robbins’ store today. The agreement was that the city should install the fountain in some convenient public place.
The fountain will stand thirty-eight inches high, the base is iron and the inside of the basin, which is about twelve inches in diameter, is of porcelain. It is in a place convenient for the public, and that cool stream of water continually flowing in the fountain will be appreciated by the people in hot weather.