Fulton Journal: September 17, 1915
FIRST BLOCK OF FULTON’S NEW PAVING WILL BE LAID SATURDAY
Four carload of Purrington brick arrived today over the C., B., & Q. and tomorrow the first brick of Fulton’s new street paving will be laid at the corner of Ninth avenue and First street.
Nearly three hundred feet of concrete foundation has been spread along First street, and allowing this forty-eight hours to harden, the paving work can then be begun.
The brick is the Purrington standard, a vitrified paving block, nine inches long, four inches deep and three and one-half inches in thickness, with edges rounded to a radius of three-sixteenths of an inch. The joints are to be filled with sand, on a two-inch sand cushion upon a four inch concrete base.