May 8, 1885: Fulton Journal
“The city council has granted four saloon licenses. The license fee is $500 making a total of $2,000 and as it is payable in advance it is collected and safely deposited by the City Treasurer. Three of these saloons are located on three of the corners at the intersection of Cherry and River streets.” (10th Avenue and 3rd Street).
“The other saloon will be kept in the King’s House.”