Fulton Journal: July 26, 1904
The hotel building located at the Junction and known as the Junction House is being torn down, and the lumber will be shipped to Gibbon, Minn., to be again used for building purposes. The Junction House, one of the old landmarks in that part of the city, was located a few rods from the crossing of the Northwestern and C.M.& St.P. railroads. Before the days of signal towers, derailing switches and block signals, and when all trains on both roads stopped at the Junction, the old time inn did a flourishing business. For years it was the home of Dr. H.D. Flower a travelling physician who amassed a fortune while practising his profession and to the estate the property yet forms a part.